Sunday 14 September 2008

Silky Smooth


In my boredom rummaging through the fridge, I found myself reading the side-label of a carton of Chocolate Silk.  For those not in the know, Silk is a brand of soy-based milk alternative, and frankly, the chocolate version is fantastic.  I have never actually had the regular version because I do still comsume dairy, but I prefer chocolate Silk to chocolate milk, and I am a guy who LOVES his chocolate milk.  Anyways, In my perusing of the carton, I noticed a statement of environmental commitment claming that Silk is made with wind energy.  The ambiguous wording evaded making any specific claim as to how much of their energy was actually wind, so as a dedicated anti-greenwash...ist?..er?...yeah, so I looked into it a little further.  What I discovered was that (a little to my surprise, I admit) Silk actually uses 100% wind power!  I needless to say, I was THRILLED that I had been supporting green business without even realizing it!

In my excitement, I wrote an email to Silk's customer service account expressing my grattitude for a product that I so loved (something to the effect that I was now not just a happy customer, but a proud one, cute, I know).  Not 24 hours later, I received a personalized email from one of their representatives saying how refreshing it was to get such positive feedback etc etc...it was pretty great

Moral of the story: 
1) Silk tastes great
2) it's a great choice if you want to cut down on dairy, whether you are vegan or an environmentalist, lactose intolerant, or whatever
3) a legitimate environmental commitment by a fairly mainstream company
4) costs about the same as regular chocolate milk
5) great customer service

that's all for now, ciao!

0 comments:

 
Google Analytics Alternative